Saturday 16 May 2015

The kindnessofpeople

I have had the most wonderful day of my holiday so far.  I might have mentioned I was meeting up with my friends Amy and Andrew in Detroit Well this morning Amy collectedme from the hotel to spend the day together.  We went to the Motown Museum where the likes of the Supremes, Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder have all recorded -we actually stood in the studio wherethey all recorded - it was just magical.  We then headed off to lunch at aLebanese reataurant where thefood was just delicious.  In the afternoon I got to see the suburbs of Detroit - which confirms to me what an intriguing place this is.   While there are clearly some very poor areas here which are the parts that you hear abot, today I saw the other side od Detroit - the  very wealthy parts.  Amy showed me around these beautiful family areas so rather than just see the place that tourists do I actually saw how people live including the schools they go to, where they shop etc. Thebest part of the day however has been spending time with Andrew, Amy and their captivating children Drew and Addie.  They have been so kind to me while here it has been the best part of my holiday by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment