Wednesday 13 May 2015

More Detroit

Ihave spent quite a bit of today on the People Mover which is a raised rail that circles the city for 75c.  You just get off wherever you want.  I spent most of the dy at the riverside centre.  Detroit is a truly intriguing city -you can streets in a main city with no people walking down the streets which I just don' think you could see anywhere else - and this is for street after street.  Yet it has some of the most beautiful buildings that I have ever seen in it and the Riverside section of town is truly beautiful.  Yet even this section of town is heavily policed.  Tonight I had dinner with some of the lovliest people that I have ever met - I actually met this famiy in Wonthaggi when they were visiting relatives there and they were kind enough to take me to dinner tonight.  Amy's parents joined us and they were just so welcoming and such good company  - it is lovely meeting up with people when you are travelling alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment