Friday 8 May 2015

Hello from the Heartbreak Hotel

Well the shuttle drove down Lonely Drive and I found myself outside the Heartbreak Hotel.   This hotel is just the best fun - we have breakfast to Elvis singing and dinner to Elvis videos - and then when we walk over to Gracelands Plaza the music follows you.  Went to Gracelands today while I thought I would be able to just wander aroung it was very regimented.  After collecting my pre booked ticket I was allotted a courtesy bus time to go across the road to the mansion and then we all went through the huse as a group - in reality there was little time to just stand and look at rooms and items.  I had read on the internet that people were surprised at how small the house was - but I was the opposite and thought it rather large.  It is indeed very 60's and not to everyone's taste - but I thought it rather lovely and thought I could settle in there quite nicely!   The numbers that visit must be seen to be believed.  His planes are equally as individual in taste and very luxurious - gold seat belt buckels etc.  The costumes from his concerts are truly magnificent but they must have had them pinned at the back because he could not have been that thin.  As I was wondering around I thought how could someone who had earned all that money in his life die with so little - but then you hear about his extravagant lifestyle - for example fying his plane to Denver for peanut butter sandwiches and you understand how this could happen.  I thought well he needed to be on a good budget.

Off to do a Memphis tour tomorrow and a River boat tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment