Monday 26 March 2018

Zurich

Zurich must be the most beautiful city I have been to.  It is like a postcard.  It is quite small so eay to walk around.  The first day I did a bus tour of the city for a couple of hours which was very good value.  Of course the highlight for me was when we went past the site of where the Swiss banks are - and the thought we may be over the vaults of gold gave me a lovely warm feeling!
The next day I wandered around the Old Town which is breathtaking in the beauty and colours of the buildings.  Yesterday I did a river cruise which though very relaxing had no commentary which I found strange. 

I am pleased that I have a place with a kitchen as eating out here is just so expensive - main courses between 35-55 francs.  Everyone also says not to get taxis - this is right my taxi from the main train station was 32 francs  and it was not all that far.  I have been quoted 70 francs for my taxi to the airport tomorrow.  The public transport is excellent although not entirely cheap - a 24 hour tram ticket for Zone 1 is 8.80 francs.

Being in Zurich makes you want to see more of Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment