Friday 23 March 2018

Leaving Paris

Well have arrived in Zurich much to my relief.  The transport workers were on strike yesterday and no intercity trains were running -luckily they went back to work at 8am today.  I went into inner Paris and did my Seine cruise yesterday - it was just lovely - but I think I would go on a smaller company one next time.  The one I used is the oldest company in Paris and clearly is the one that the tour groups use as it was very crowded.  Then went to the bridge under which Diana was killed but there were road works going on and you could not see anything - honestly I ask you!   Anyway I was looking around to see where I would go next and spied a lovely cafe with a really good lunch deal - so had found my next stop!  The lunch - two courses for 14 euros was jut delicious.

On the train back to the hotel I could not believe how crowded the train was - we were pressed against each other.  I must be looking old as there was an old coupe sitting near where I was standing and the husband asked if I wanted to sit down - but he was not getting up he expected his wife to.  Anyway I found out why the train was so crowded - most got off at my station as there was a demonstration - or they call it a manifestation in France - on the street just outside my hotel of the striking workers  Anyway the strikers are striking for two days each week for the next three months.

The train ride today to Zurich was just gorgeous.  I had a seat upstairs on the train so had a wonderful view.  Zurich looks gorgeous from what I have seen so far - off tomorrow to do a sightseeing tour

No comments:

Post a Comment