Wednesday 28 March 2018

Santorini

I arrived last night after a long day of travel and thought I had landed in heaven at this hotel.  It is one of the small luxury hotels of the world and I can undrstand why.  At reception I was greeted with a glass of water with some sort of fruit in it and it was so delicious I could have drank the whole pitcher full if it had been there.  They also gave me a face washer with some refreshing thing in it to wipe my face with that was wonderful.  I went to dinner last night and mentioned I was cold and someone came and put a blanket around my shoulders!  I had a lovely grilled fish fillet at a very reasonable price.  Breakfast this morning was a banquet - I was scoffing my plate of scrambled eggs
etc and some very thin girls came in and had a boiled egg and not much else and I thought well that is the difference between their weight and mine.

I change hotels today to go down into the village.

The flight from Athens to here was so rough they could not even serve the coffee on the flight - it was a very small plane so we felt every bump.   I am not a nervous flyer but I ws very pkeased to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment