Wednesday 21 March 2018

Paris

Went to the Eiffel Tower for lunch today.  What has amazed me in both London and Paris is the increase of people since I was last in both cities.  For example the underground used to be fairly quiet after 9.30 but not so now it is crowded virtually all day.  Anyway I got talking to a lady with a baby in a pusher and I thought 'Oh how is she ever going to get on these crowded trains'  -well she just pushed her way on with people just separating to let her on while I just stood on the platform waiting for a less crowded train. 

I was thinking how things have changc since I was last in Paris at the Eiffel Tower - last time you just wandered aound under the Tower whereas now you gave to line up for ages to go through security to enter the area under the Tower to head up .  Anyway I just joined a que and soon got sick of this as no one else seemed to gave anything booked -so I went to the head and said to the Security guard that I had a booking at the restaurant - expecting him no say go back - but he just let me in through the security checkpoint.  Anyway lunch was just delicious -honestly I felt like licking my plate!    I was a bit disgruntled as I did not have a window seat - but my table had a lovely view anyway.  I got talking to the couple at the table next to me who were from San Diego and it was their anniversary as well.  It was such a wonderful experience - I even chose the best choices of dishes from the menu - you know how you make your selection and then you see what someone else has chosen and wish you had that and it spoils your meal - well none of that I was delighted with my choices

Oh when I was in Kensington the other day the postie was delivering the mail and he was actually walking with the mail

Off on a Seine river cruse tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment